Yeah... so.. This is kinda how I approached this project.
I think the most important things were:
- the quantity over quality in the initial thumbnail paintings that allowed me to experiment with many different styles
- the search for successful elements in each piece
- doing a lot of writing about what I like and don't like, as I created them to avoid the things that I don't like in the next piece.
- changing the scale that I work on, some things that are done easily on small scale, can be quite challenging on a bigger scale.
As you can see on the bottom left, after making the 4 bigger ones, it still didn't reach a point of interest for me, so I moved on to the examples you see on the right (the ones that I also uploaded to devi).
Now I feel that I got something interesting going on and will make a series of paintings in the same theme =]
Also I want to mention that I very much enjoyed and was inspired by the works of